North Tampa Behavioral Health Hospital is committed to helping our patients regain hope and continue their recovery journey by delivering excellent patient care. Whether you are searching for the right treatment option for yourself, a family member, or friend, we support price transparency and believe it is important to have the information necessary to make informed choices when choosing a healthcare provider.
We’ve established 3 easy ways for you to obtain the information you need to estimate your financial responsibility if you are currently seeking or scheduling care.
A call or email will connect you with an admissions specialist who will be happy to provide you an estimate of your financial responsibility after your insurance company pays their portion, or provide you additional information about our self-pay discounts, charity care policy, and additional payment plan options.
CALL (813) 452-4597
On this page, we’ve also provided a link to our hospital charge list for our services. We realize looking at a list of charges can be overwhelming, so we are providing some definitions and information to help frame understanding of what the charge list is and what the charge list is not:
Cost: The definition of cost varies by the party who is incurring the expense: To the patient, cost is the amount payable out of pocket for health care services. To the provider, cost is the expense (direct and indirect) incurred when delivering health care services to our patients. To the insurer, cost is the amount payable to the provider or reimbursable to the patient. To the employer, cost is the expense related to providing health benefits.
Out-of-Pocket: Portion of the total price for healthcare services and treatment for which the patient is responsible. This includes copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles.
Price: The negotiated and contracted amount providers expect to be paid by payers (also called the “allowed amount”). Your out-of-pocket liability is based on this allowed amount. Note that the price for a service will vary by insurance plan as these are separately negotiated.
What the Charge list is: The standard charge list is strictly related to the Charge for a service. Hospitals are typically paid based on contracted rates for the services they provide, so the Charge will not reflect the amount paid by your insurance or the amount due from you. Your coverage, co-payments and deductibles are specific to your insurance plan.
What the Charge list is not: The standard charge list is not an exact estimate of your Out-of-Pocket cost and does not represent the Price paid to the hospital or Cost incurred by the hospital. Please note that while we have standard Charges that are the same for each patient, the final Cost, Price, or Out-of-Pocket cost may vary depending on your insurance plan or whether you quality for financial assistance. Please contact us at (813) 452-4597 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to provide you an estimate of your financial responsibility after your insurance company pays their portion, or provide you additional information about our self-pay discounts, charity care policy, and additional payment plan options.
Please also note:
- The information contained in the file is current as of the last upload. Charge information is subject to periodic changes and the file will be updated as soon as practically possible to reflect such changes
- The file contains both the charge amount, the charge code, and the charge description of the item or service as reflected in the hospital’s chargemaster
- The charge list may not include fees for Professional Services (ex. Psychiatrists, Psychologists, other Professional Providers); Laboratory Expenses ordered by your Physician; or Pharmacy Expenses which will vary by the medication dosage prescribed by your Physician.
Florida Pricing Information:
This is the link to the AHCA pricing website. https://pricing.floridahealthfinder.gov. Quality information by provider may also be found here (hyperlink to: http://www.floridahealthfinder.gov/index.html). Please note that the information provided on the pricing website includes general estimates and is not individualized for each prospective patient. The actual cost to the patient will be identified based on the specific services they receive.
Please also note:
- Patients may receive services at North Tampa Behavioral Health Hospital that are provided by both the facility as well as by outside healthcare providers. Contracted healthcare providers may bill the patient separately for their services.
- Contracted healthcare providers who deliver services within North Tampa Behavioral Health Hospital may or may not be in-network with the same health insurance companies as North Tampa Behavioral Health Hospital.
- Prospective patients of North Tampa Behavioral Health Hospital are advised to contact the healthcare provider who will deliver their services to determine which insurance companies they are in-network with or to confirm that they will contract with their preferred provider.
By clicking to download information below, you agree you have read and understand information contained on this page.